11.11.2008

The Prestige

I've been watching alot of movies lately, due to me requesting DVDs at the library and all of them coming on the Hold Shelf all at once. This week so far I've watched..

    Shaun of the Dead [Ha-ha comedy yay zombies!]
    Persepolis [I expected too much from it, but still I loved the animation.]
    16 Blocks [Failed to amuse me.]
    Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End [Series always end terribly.]
    And finally, The Prestige.

I just finished watching The Prestige, and I have to say I was expecting it to be like all the other movies I watched, but it was actually pretty good. A little twist on the ending. It's a bit hard to explain things when all you can think about is the ending so all I'm going to say is, though it's kind of a long film, it's actually worth watching. I recommend it with a rating of 8/10 :]



Every great magic trick consists of three parts or acts.

The first part is called "
The Pledge
".
The magician shows you something ordinary: a deck of cards, a bird or a man. He shows you this object. Perhaps he asks you to inspect it to see if it is indeed real, unaltered, normal. But of course... it probably isn't.

The second act is called "
The Turn
".
The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled. But you wouldn't clap yet. Because making something disappear isn't enough; you have to bring it back. That's why every magic trick has a third act, the hardest part,

the part we call "
The Prestige".

0 [comments]:

● ― Blog Archive。