4.15.2008

The Pianist

MUSIC WAS HIS PASSION. SURVIVAL WAS HIS MASTERPIECE.

I finally finished watching The Pianist. (If you're immature, you're giggling right now. I DID. If you don't get it, YOU NEVER SAW THIS BRACKET PART, READ ON.) I've always been interested in the World War II era and the Holocaust so this caught my attention right when I saw it on the Top 250 list on imdb. The film is about a very talented pianist, Wladislaw Szpilman, who was a Polish Jew man in World War II. It is based on actual events recorded on history. When other Jewish people were headed to the train that led them to the death camp, he escapes the deportation, and was to find himself a hideout. Unfortunately the time he could stay in one place was limited. Shelter was also very scarce. He lived his days hearing the dreadful gunshots and people screaming right there on his street. Wladislaw no longer had his family, any money, or much strength to survive. The one thing he had though, was his ambitions and the passion for his music, which was strong enough to give him a reason to overcome obstacles.



I would say this movie was a very strong messeged film. Personally I really liked it and is definatly worth a second time watch. It's very long and some might think World War based movies are boring, but this film truly touches you emotionally. The charactors are perfectly matched, sets are amazing, and so are the cameraworks. Overall, I would rate it 9.5/10. Here's the movie trailer if you concidered to watch it:

0 [comments]:

● ― Blog Archive。